1) I am fucking exhausted. Night #4 of teething hell. It's hard to imagine this going on while I have to be at a work meeting the next morning, a hypothetical work meeting that I'm leading and in which being coherent is a prerequisite. But what I gather from some of your experiences, that of other mamas, and what I've been through so far is: even exhausted, one can function.
2) I love winter. This winter has been amazing.
3) Gummy will be 1 year old in a week and a half
4) Veronica is going through SCH/inter-clinic politics HELL. But she is pregnant. She is awaiting her first ultrasound and hoping the bleeding will stop.
5) We went on a family vacation up north (see point 2). Here are pictures of Gummy and I cross-country skiing.
|Yes, that is Gummy Girl in the trailer!|
6) I have been working on a post about the WHYs
7) I also have returned to the fertility clinic for a sono, and have started writing about it.
8) I also have big plans to continue the Who Needs It challenges.
9) For an explanation as to why points 6 through 8 haven't happened, see points 1 and 5.
10) marriage = hard
11) A dear friend who struggled with infertility for years has just experienced a stillbirth with her second child. Still can't quite believe this has happened to her.
12) I'm turning 40 in a few months.
13) Yesterday was Family Day (a stat holiday), and we celebrated by having the other Augusta, her husband and her little Gummy Girl over for brunch. I made a frittata, we chatted, drank coffee, played with the girls and celebrated their almost first birthday. We had a great time.
14) I want to comment more on your blogs, but I can't stop watching 'the good wife' while drooling semi-consciously on the couch every night (see point 1).