Friday, December 6, 2013

In and out: the nine-month mark

I have plenty of other material for blog posts, but this will be a short and sweet post. If you are struggling right now, this one is all about unicorns and butterflies, so feel free to skip. I will come back with angst later. Oh, I do angst really well, and I promise you more. But for now, let me revel in my beautiful daughter.


This is Gummy after 9 months in-utero (well, 38w2d)

Gummy Girl, what do you see over there?
And now, she has spent 9 months ex-utero

Sitting with her is Big Hoot, her favourite owl
They aren't kidding when they say 'kids grow up so fast'. Gummy is about 29 inches long already. She babbles with great intent, and wants to grab everything in her vicinity, including poor Chicken's fur and ears. She is happy as happy can be (except when she's not). And she still makes us cry tears of joy and gratitude when we put her to bed. We are so lucky.

16 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful. It's amazing how fast it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous and full of personality -- I can tell! My girl turns 6 months next week -- don't know how that happens so quickly! Hope you are well friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh he eyes are pretty! And I love all that hair! So precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING. So much love for that beautiful girl, and for you, dearest. -A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Golden age, isn't it? She looks delightful and happy. Revel on Augusta!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing. She radiates happiness!
    And I think I need to see unicorns every now and then. To keep believing. I'm so glad you have this Gummy-unicorn.
    Also, the owl is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, she is beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing such a lovely update, it's so nice to see & hear that you're all doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty girl...love her dark hair :) So happy for you and to hear that she is doing so well (mischief and all).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww she has such pretty eyes and looks so perfectly content and happy with life... as should all of you be :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH. MAH. GAWD. She's absolutely gob-smackingly gorgeous--her eyes are just shining with joy, and she's got that shiny "I gots good parents" glow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She is ADORABLE. And, I'm sure, also all the other more important things in life such as intelligent, determined, expressive, and hard-working. And adored. But for now she can be an adorable baby for a while without worrying about any of that! (Seriously ADORABLE.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gummy is stunning. She literally glows with happiness. Nothing makes me happier than this post, thank you so much for sharing her with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is one of the most beautiful babies I have ever seen! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete