Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My friend needs YOUR help

Lovelies, my friend is in the dark land of limbo. A place most of you have visited once, if not several times. I need your help in supporting her.

Veronica is my IRL friend who has been struggling with secondary infertility. She is awesome. You would love her.

Here are a few details of her story:
  • Had a successful pregnancy with OE, then Secondary IF
  • Moved on to DE after failed infertility treatment
  • Had first DE transfer of handsome 5-day blastocyst on 01/07. 
  • Nice initial betas: 1000+ at 16dp5dt and 2300+ at 18dp5dt.   


Veronica went in for her first u/s today at 6w1d. She measured on target, but there was only a very small yolk sack, and no sign of a fetal pole. Beta was 12000+

My sense from what I've read is that it could go either way at this point. Her local doc thinks it could be a blighted ovum. But I'm guessing it could also be a slow start. She's due for another u/s next week, which will hopefully determine what is going on.

Friends, if you have stories of things going well after a similar start, it would help Veronica to read stories of hope. If you have a story like that or have read someone's else's blog with a similar start, can you please link it in your comment. She reads my blog regularly and will be so grateful to read your thoughts.

Thank you

20 comments:

  1. I don't have a happy story...I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for commenting, Gwinne, even without a happy story.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You are very familiar with this awful limbo land, Jennifer, and your support means a lot. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. I had similar betas--climbing well, but very little visible by ultrasound. My OB sent me to a specialty radiology clinic before discussing possible D&C/natural miscarriage, and at 8 weeks 5 days we saw fetal pole and heartbeat. I had some spotting related to low progesterone around that time, and used progesterone suppositories until 14 weeks (not sure that was really relevant but thought I'd throw it in there). From that point things went smoothly, and my son turned six in March. I hope for the same for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping in and commenting, Paula. Your story will certainly give Veronica some hope.

      Delete
  4. I wish I had a happy story to share, but I hope she knows that there are random strangers sending her so many good thoughts and lots of love today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll be so grateful for that, Suzanne. Thank you so much for stopping in and commenting.

      Delete
  5. No stories but lots and lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dspence. I appreciate it very much, and so does she.

      Delete
  6. Also no story, but lots of hope and positive thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, J.J. That's really kind. Looking forward to an update on your girl.

      Delete
  7. I don't have a personal story, but I do have one to share, from a friend who did not blog about it, so nothing to refer your girl to. Her sac measured behind at 6 weeks and her OB urged her to have a D&C, and she's now 24 weeks with a healthy fetus. I don't have access to the details but I think by 8 weeks everything was caught up. I am sending lots of love to your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: LFCAbound will bring tons of people out of the woodwork. Though perhaps not before she knows, one way or the other.

      Delete
  8. Bunny, thanks so much for sharing this story. I'm thinking Veronica will really be comforted by reading it. And, good reminder about LFCA.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Augusta. I'm the friend who didn't post about the situation I went through. A long time reader of yours. Please please tell her not to give up hope. My OB was horrible about this situation. Said needed to give up hope and schedule a D&C Basically tried to force me into it. I posted about it at misdiagnosed miscarriage it's a good support site for people in this situation I found. Please don't let your friend give up hope. Please tell her to contact me for support if she needs / would like it. I'd be happy to help. Also, tell her a second opinion is so important before scheduling a D&C!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steph, thanks so much for commenting and sharing your story. (and thank you for reading!). As you can read below, it was helpful for my friend to read your story. Thanks also for the tip about misdiagnosed m/c website.

      Delete
  10. Thank you to everyone for your kind words and thoughts. Thanks to Paula, Steph, and Bunny for sharing their happy stories too. I have found a hopeful place within me to wait for my next u/s and truly appreciate the part you all play in that.

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete