Sunday, March 10, 2013

Update

I am Hoping that three hospital visits will suffice. I woke up this morning with a new resolve: I am going to get better (dammit).

I had the D&C last evening at 7pm. The doctor said he removed about 400 mls of "products" from my ute and that it was infected. The big bleed was my body's way of trying to eliminate it.

Mademoiselle Gummy (having narrowly avoided being eaten by Bunlet), spent part of Saturday with good friends who have an 18-month-old. Since they put me in the labor & delivery unit this time, Gummy has been able to visit us. She is lying on my chest as I peck out this post. She spent the night at Sattva's, where she was ogled by Sattva's girls. Quote for 4-year-old Ginger: "when can we teach Gummy how to walk?"

I am getting a blood transfusion at the moment. My hemoglobin got too low and the doc felt he couldn't get it back up well enough with just an iron supplement.

Mr August has been amazing throughout all of this. He is not so good with seeing lots of blood, yet remained calm when the blood bath occurred and managed to keep me safe, to call 911, and to make sure gummy was alright. He even got me a breakfast bagel sandwich from my favorite spot in town.

We are hoping that I will get discharged tomorrow. Then we can go home and get started with the rest of our lives as a family of three. In the mean time though, we are counting our blessings. We have amazing friends near and far who have offered us so much love and support. And that includes you, dear women. Thank you.

14 comments:

  1. Thank god you are ok. Yes, it is time you start your life as a family of 3!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, home tomorrow would be excellent. enjoy that lovely girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so so relieved to read this update. Like, teary-eyed relieved. I guess I wasn't ready to look at how scared I was yet. More when we talk next, but yes, I am with you on the "getting better, dammit!" resolution. When we talk next let's talk about how I can support you in that, including perhaps coming to visit sooner if you and Mr. A. need some support. The whole Oat family (including Ma & Pa) send you good health and much, much love, and kisses to gummy! XOXOXOXO and ALL MY LOVE and gratitude for your continued health, Oat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG. I am just catching up now! How frightening! I am So thankful that you are doing ok! What an ordeal you've had.... I wish there was something I could do for you! On a much brighter note, Gummy is absolutely gorgeous!

    Keep well and rest up my friend... thinking of you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I was out of the loop this weekend and had no idea. WOW. So glad you're okay, hoping you get discharged soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been traveling and didn't have a chance to say how totally terrified I was for you! I'm so sorry about this awful series of experiences, and so glad that you are getting good medical care. I agree that this is really ENOUGH. ENOUGH, universe. Are you trying to make us all grateful that A. is okay? We are already profoundly grateful for everything! Really, we don't need these scares to make her and her family precious to us. We promise. Got it? Okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my goodness nothing is ever easy. i am hoping you are discharged and back to normal soon,
    hang in there, you are handling this with much grace and strength

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa!! I fail you check your blog for a couple of days and... well, you've been dealing with a lot! I had kind of thought (hoped) that once Mademoiselle Gummy was born, it would be clear sailing. Contined love and prayers to you and your family. I wish I was closer... Would love to be able to offer more help. xo Themis

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG.... I missed the earlier post. How incredibly scary! I'm so glad you are on the mend, you poor thing! Sending you and that sweet baby a kiss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1) The picture of your baby is OMG so adorable. So! Cute! The little flowered top! The fuzzy hair!

    2) I dearly hope that this is the end of your hospital trips. Seriously, uterus, cut it out already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness you poor thing!!! So sorry to hear of your hospital trip via ambulance and D&C! Sending loads of thoughts & love your way as well as prayers for a smooth recovery and strength!!! And my God woman that baby of yours is SO unbelievably beautiful! Melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  12. how are you doing? you have been through so much. i hope you are now safe and sound holding your beautiful daughter. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Augusta, je ne t'ai pas encore félicité pour la venue de ta petite fille. j'espère que vous allez bien. Biz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look how beautiful your gummy is! I logged in today after not having blogged or checked on here in ages and this is why, I just had a feeling I needed to check in...just a weird feeling!! It must have been to tell you congratulations. I am so thrilled for you. I hope you yourself are feeling physically better, the last few days sound like they've been pretty hard. Feel better and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete