Friday, December 7, 2012

the updates keep being boring

It's been a bit of a roller coaster this week, the reason on which I will pin my absence of posts. But this morning, thanks to insomnia, I got up at 5am (after tossing and turning since 2am) and have some time to cough up a lengthy missive (yes, I think this is sleepless boot camp for the mother-to-be).

I got a stomach bug on Tuesday. Hum, stomach bugs and pregnancy are not a winning combo for more reasons that one. I was also trying to prepare for my oral licensing exam through the stomach bug situation. I will remember this week, mark my words. Probably mostly because I DID get my license! I can now practice my profession autonomously, which is a huge deal in my little world. I am thrilled.

I went to visit my OB last week. I continue to like her so much. She was once again very pleased with everything, and said so. It still feels a bit suspect to have everything be going well, but I'm trying to roll with it. She did send me for some blood work and the glucose tolerance test. I'm still concerned that I will fail my glucose test because of a family history of diabetes on both of my parents' sides. But let's wait for the facts to emerge, shall we. So far, no phone calls from the OB's office, although it's only been a week.

At the OB's, I looked at her while she was measuring my uterus and preparing the doppler for the symphony of the heartbeat, and asked "is there really going to be a baby?" She seemed to think so. "Well, there is something in there!" is what she said. It's still not entirely real, although the wiggling and kicking does help.

Oh, and I got a diaper bag. Received it in the mail this week. After much back and forthing, I chose this one. I'm sure gummy will approve (this is me being sarcastic about my own penchant for consumerism. Gummy for sure will not care). In a separate package, I received a whole whack of formula products. I'm not sure how that got to me, probably through signing up for one thing or another. It's nice to have though, in case my double A breasts don't deliver on their promise of milk.

So apparently, the third trimester is around the corner. I think there is nothing more to say after that. Except: !  

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the licensing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this -- boring is great! Hope you are feeling better and woohoo on the licensing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet bag! looks like a good one. I loved my diaper bag (as a diaper bag) for about 3 months. Then I started shoving P's goods into whatever tote would work that day. However, I still use my diaper bag today because it makes a kickass carry on when I travel, lol!
    -Momo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on getting your license! And I'm thrilled that everything pregnancy-wise continues to be "boring!". May the third trimester remain just as boring on that front :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, of course no-one knows, by my mother's AA chest produced three VERY fat breastfed babies. So, you know, no correlation. :) I'm glad everything is normal and boring! Good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, congrats on the license. Yay! And being close to T3 (wowza!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that your boring updates make me feel all cozy and warm inside. It's like snuggling up to a fire to read about nothing being wrong... I like your choice of diaper bag very much. You were smart to get one that can be a backpack, as there will be times when you really need something that's not going to fall off your shoulder as you struggle with coats and strollers or carriers and groceries and ....BABY! BABY!

    I'd totally meant to send you extra good wishes for the final exam. But I forgot. So it's fortunate that your brilliance is not contingent on my good wishes. MASSIVE congratulations. Oh what a wonderful thing to be DONE WITH.

    It's going to be an amazing year.

    (Weirdly, all the women I know in real life who had low supply issues had big racks. No correlation, of course, but really, NO correlation.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the licensing! My petunia picklebottom bag was one my one special treat, and I am very happy with it. Enjoy! Glad everything continues to boring, sending lots of love XXOO

    Also, having had two stomach bugs this year... my sincerest empathy goes with you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the diaper bag! I have a similar one. So exciting about the third trimester. Can't wait for you to meet gummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on getting your license! So sorry to hear about the tummy bug- there are some really nasty bugs running rampant around here too. So excited to see you've made it to T3. So very excited for you my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well i dont think this update is boring at all. I think its just perfect. So pleased to hear things are going well (professionally and pregnant-ly) you are a superstar and gummy is doing so well in there!
    T3... what an achievement!!! Love the bag xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the nice uneventful update & so exciting to be entering the third trimester!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Boring is VERY VERY good Augusta...we're just not used to "Boring" us infertiles...so get used to it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My prior comment must not have stuck...silly computer. Anyway also thrilled that your pregnancy is plugging along at a "boring" little pace ;) It will be all sorts of non-boring when it's over I'm sure. Congrats on the license as well...awesome!

    ReplyDelete