Saturday, June 23, 2012

Precious cargo on board

Transfer took place this morning, as scheduled. I was so excited my blood pressure was higher than usual. Our doctor was not on call but elected to come in to do our transfer himself. Bonus points for that! Especially on a beautiful Saturday morning when he clearly could have gone to play golf instead.

The experience was quite different than the transfer last year. The most striking difference was that we got to watch it all on screen. Shoushhhh....our wee one slid in and it looked like a shooting star. Poetic.

The blast transferred is gorgeous, if I do say so myself (and since I had no role in creating it, it's not really bragging - ok, maybe a little). Here's a picture.

I am bed resting for the next 24 hours until we start heading home tomorrow evening.

I am really happy right now and filled with hope. I'll savor that while it's here.

I'm sending positive thoughts to the lovely and amazing Nurse Louisa. I read on Adele's blog that there is a concern in her pregnancy. She contributes to this community in such a significant yet understated way. Please join me in sending her good thoughts.

16 comments:

  1. Yay!! That is lovely morphology! I'm so very happy you have a shorter wait.

    All of very best of luck to you Augusta, I'm praying and crossing everything i can!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a total beauty! And while your role in creating it may not have involved contributing gametes, you were still a crucial part of the picture, and have every right to brag. Hopeful is the right place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great looking blast! I'm so glad things went well for you today. I loved watching the little flash of light on the screen with my transfer. I wish we had it on video to watch over and over. Rest up, my dear. If things go as planned you will be suffering some major fatigue in the coming weeks. Fingers crossed and nothing but positive thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that looks likes it's strait out of a text book! That is one perfect blast! Rest up dear woman and thanks for the kind shout out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thinking of you, and hoping all is well.

      Delete
  5. Yes! Beautiful, lovely blast. Feet up, Augusta. I hope you have a good book with you. And that your beloved feeds you grapes while this lovely lovely digs in for the long haul. I am so hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous embryo! I just know it is finding a lovely home for the next 8-9 months!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely darling. I am very much sending warm thoughts as you gear up for the ride home and have the courage to come home to you. Yes, please? I am excited beyond belief.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello awesome blast! Stick around, won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bonne couvaison ma belle! Finalement, savez-vous combien vous avez pu en congeler, pour un p'tit frère ou une petite soeur ;-) !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful blast! I like your comment on not really bragging either ;) Wish you the best rest and peace of mind for the next 2 weeks or so. Safe travels home as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bon, ben, je croise les doigts comme on dit chez nous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a lovely looking embryo. i am keeping everything crossed for you, augusta and will be waiting along side you in this 2ww and hoping like hell this works!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bursting with life and love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is one beautiful blast my friend!!! So thrilled to read this update, sending so much love your way. Continue to drink in the hope and joy of this moment. Thinking of you and hoping that gorgeous blast is making itself nice & comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAYYY!!!! Finally the ET has occured!! Sorry for the late response. A bit crazy around here. How are your nerves of late? OHHH you are sooo in my prayers Augusta!!

    ReplyDelete