Wednesday, June 13, 2012

mid-cycle updates

The fun continues, folks.

33 follies counted yesterday. 20 today.

Thankfully, the nurse said not to worry about the variation. She explained that it depends on who does the u/s, and how they count them. Math is indeed a highly subjective endeavor. I personally really like it when 2+2 = 5.

Seriously, unless you tell me to panic about this drop in follicles, I'm not even going to register it. It's follies, not eggs. And since counting them seems to be hard, then why worry my pretty head? I've decided not to.

I went for my lining check yesterday morning. Tummy distress alerted me to the fact that I was really nervous about this, even though I had myself convinced I was chill and zen. Another fellow wanded me this time, under the watchful eye of one of the docs (the one who talked to me when I had bleeding in week 6 of the pregnancy). Once again, we played a game of 'Where in the World are Augusta's ovaries?" When I said they're usually hard to find, the doc said that they were keeping quiet for me. 'Snort', I later thought, 'that's their modus operandus.'  At least I don't have to worry about one of them sprouting an egg mid-DE cycle. Gotta look at the bright side here.

And the lining.

wait for it.

7.5mm at first glance. The email from my nurse said "we are happy with today's lining" Hey, if they're happy, I'm happy.

Sophie goes back in tomorrow. She seems to get monitored every day, which is different than with Sattva. I sent off the letter to her yesterday by expresspost, so the clinic should have it by Friday. It feels good to have written it and sent it.
 
I'll post another update this week. Thanks for the love, women. It feels so good to have you on my team. 

18 comments:

  1. love and luck to you sweetie- sounds like things are well on their way....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like things are moving along quickly now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a releif in itself when the ball starts rolling, after such long periods of waiting. Keeping fingers, toes and everything else crossed for you!!

    And about the follies- 20 is a darned good number!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really happy to hear about your great lining, and 20 follies sounds like a great many to me. Also really glad to hear the letter to Sophie is on it's way, and she is so very lucky to be receiving a big dose of love and appreciation from you and Mr. A.

    Sending you much, much love and hope,
    H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sounds like it is going right on track. Thanks for the report. Thinking of you as the ER and ET get closer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't worry about the variation in follies at this point. I know when I was cycling they were counting 16 close to my retrieval date and ended up retrieving 20. So I think there is some variation either way. I am so so so rooting for you Augusta!! Awesome lining report!! Keeping everything crossed here for you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Augusta, I am so excited for you and am praying for you and this cycle! Everything is crossed for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 20 follicles is great. Maybe as they grow, they block others that are hanging out there on the other side of the ovary? But it's a very good, strong number (as is your lining!). I'm very hopeful for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great number of follies for sure. My donor had over 40 at one point but most of the time they are only concerned with the "measurable" ones. Those are the ones that matter. So, 20 is just fine in my book. Your lining sounds good and it will continue to grow as you shoot up the drugs. I was surprised that I didn't have another lining check a few days before retrieval but I guess since my check went well, there was no need. Do they plan on checking you again? I'm so glad things are going so well for you right now. I'm hoping that you have smooth sailing from here on out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely lining and good follicle count! Yeah! Go team!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great lining. Great, great lining.

    I am glad you dont let those follicle numbers get to you. I foolishly ran projections on my donor and when there was a variance it upset me. Ridiculous but all I wanted was a billion eggs so I could have a baby

    ReplyDelete
  12. All sounds greeaaaaatttt Augusta!! And that follie count...a dream!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great news Augusta! On all fronts. Think of you often and praying for more exciting news tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great news. I hope you can feel all of the positive energy coming your way from middle america. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great news, sending you lots of love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So far, so...fabulous! Really glad the lining check went well. It's got to be hard to march in there and wait to find out what your half of the process is up to.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such great news...cheering from the sidelines & holding hope my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Augusta, So nice to read your updates. Sounds like things are going really good hon, your lining is brilliant and I'm so proud of you and your zen approach. Your previous post about wanting to connect with your donor resonated with me as I have been thinking a lot about this lately. I might email you sometime about this if you're ok with that?
    Oh and would you consider sharing what you wrote in your card to sophie?

    I was thinking of you around the anniversary of your mc too. My ectopic anniversary was a few days later and I was having similar feelings to what you described. Its heavy and hard but like you said, it's easier than the feelings we felt this time last year. So thanks for pointing that out to me

    Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete