Monday, June 11, 2012

let's do this

Thanks for your great feedback on my last post. I was glad to read that in your experience, most clinics do accept recipients offerings to the donors. I asked two staff members at our clinic about writing the donor a card and got responses very promptly (that's more like it). The response was positive, as long as we don't put any identifying information in the card. I cranked out a couple of drafts on the weekend and the Mr. was looking over one last night. It's my goal to have it there before the ER so that she may even get it on that day.

On the weekend, I also got to spend time with Sattva. I find it amazing that after all that, our friendship continues. Not that I expected to end. It feels like so much was loss that it wouldn't have surprised me to also lose her friendship (yes, that's irrational. I know. I'm a psychologist). I had purchased a necklace for Sattva that symbolized connection. I gave it to her on the weekend as well as a card expressing my enduring gratitude to her for having donated eggs and for being such a caring friend. It felt good to let her know in this way how I (we) have so much gratitude and love for her.

We did end up picking a name for our donor. There is no special connection to that name, it was just one that we could both agree on and seemed to fit the darling little girl in the pictures. We've decided to call her Sophie. Unlike every name on this blog, this one is not a pseudonym. It is her real fake name.

I am heading to FTT for a lining check tomorrow morning. Hoping for an appropriately fluffy red fleece. I'm also picking up my PIO. It looks like I'll be starting those next week. Whatevs. I'm Xena. I can shoot up with estrogen AND progesterone behing my back, simultaneously, and blindfolded.

Oh, and in other news, Sophie was in for her monitoring this morning. She had about 31 follies they said. Sounded like follies-a-plenty to me. Her next monitoring is Wednesday. Receiving that email really told me that it's game on. Let's do this.

Anyone else out there over the moon about Misfit giving birth to a darling baby girl? It has been an extra long and extra hard road for Misfit. I'm so happy for you Misfit, I want to shout it from every rooftops.


13 comments:

  1. Augusta, I am so glad to see that things are finally moving. Moving? Hell, they're flying at high speed. I am so very glad for you.

    Something tells me that Sattva feels similarly towards you.

    (And I love Sophie. Her name and the fact that she is your donor.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the name Sophie. :)

    Hoping there is a nice fluffy red fleece just waiting for your miracle!

    Thinking of you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie is a great name! Hope your lining is nice and fluffy :) Sounds like Sophie is going to give you lots of good eggs to choose from - I am so happy for you and can not wait for you to get your miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boooyah! Game on Augusta. Blissfully typing one handed here to say thank you for your support and I'm pulling all my mojo for Sophie and fleecy fluffy lining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 that you are typing with only one hand

      Delete
  5. Game on is right, sister. So glad that everything is moving along, and hoping with everything I got that this is finally your time. C'mon Sophie, c'mon follies, c'mon lining - do your thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 30.

    What.

    I am honored you trust us enough to share her real fake name. Warm fuzzies and cracks me up. We send our best to Sattva and Sophie as well as you, Momma in the Making.

    The rest is going to go cannonball slowly. One minute lasts an eternity and the next day is a blur. This is so very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. je maîtrise trop mal l'anglais pour pouvoir bien comprendre tes billets (j'ai honte) alors je passe juste te faire un petit coucou.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, chere fille, je m'excuse de ne jamais ecrire mes billets (je ne savais pas que "blog post' = billet: merci!) en francais. Tu sais, tu me fais penser que je pourais inclure un petit paragraph en traduction a la fin de mes radotages, pour mes lectrices francaises (et, il faut que je l'avoue, pour continuer a utiliser mon francais que je perds a vue d'oeil/son d'ouie).
      Merci pour ton petit coucou. Ca fait plaisirs.

      Delete
  8. Oh Augusta...I can't stand the suspense any longer!! Hang in there because I am barely hanging on for ya! Oh and if you look back at my August or September 2010 blog posts you should find a copy of the letter I wrote our donor. We also gave her a pair of Swarovsky earings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I confess I'm also charmed that you gave us her real pseudonym. I guess it seems like a very personal part of your lives! (When I was studying for my Russian language exam in grad school, there was a sample text I translated that was all about philosophy and the etymology of various words to do with it, so I'll never forget that "soph" = wisdom. And it's a wise woman who would give you this gift.) I popped something in the mail today that should totally help with your lining if you get it in time...

    Thank you, Sophie of the magical ovaries! You are surrounded by the love of many strangers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg! you had time to study Russian in grad school! you wiz kid, you. Hey, I didn't know that soph = wisdom, and it totally fits. Thanks for pointing it out.
      my lining thanks you for the little something making its way over the border.

      Delete
  10. Oh my! What exciting news. I loved your last post. I think that is a wonderful idea to write a letter and give flowers if possible. I think Sophie will know of your gratitude for her. If by chance she isn't able to receive the letter, perhaps you can send an anonymous thank you letter to the clinic for them to post to help other donors know how much it means to you and others to receive of this great gift. Perhaps Sattva could still be considered your child's aunt, that way he or she will have a connection or knowledge of what it means to have a donor. just a thought. Sattva seems like such a wonderful person and I am glad your experiences with her have strengthened rather than weakened your friendship. Thinking of you, Sophie, and all those follies.

    ReplyDelete