Tuesday, May 29, 2012

the real deal

Made the 90-mile (150km) trip to FTT at 6 this morning for baseline monitoring. At the check-in, the receptionist asked if this was my mock. No, I said, it's the real deal.

The u/s was uneventful. The u/s technician spent 10 minutes looking for my ovaries. The uge. She said my lining looked good. Today being CD2, I said "good in a disintegrating way?" She laughed.

Well, folks, this party is starting. First dele.strogen injection tomorrow. I go back to FTT in two weeks today for another monitoring appointment. Two weeks after that, I'll be in DC for the transfer (oh please, please, please let that be true, let there not be any monkey wrenches thrown about in this plan).

The anniversary of the miscarriage came and went on the weekend. I spent it gardening, a la Misfit (you get bonus points if you understand the reference). All told, it was nice to notice that those 2 days last year (the day of the u/s and the day of the D&C) sucked the big walleye, and that this year, those two days did not suck as much. They were orders of magnitude better in fact.

I wanted to say thanks for your sweet comments on my last post. It was a really great day for me, that one spent with Dragonfly at her daughter's birthday party. I don't always live in that bigger place in my heart (you've read some of my more bitter posts), but it's nice to stretch out a bit. Thanks for the love, dear women.   

15 comments:

  1. Good luck!! No flying monkey wrenches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very exciting Augusta!! I'm keeping everything crossed that those bastard monkey wrenches keep the hell away!! I'll be checking in lots and sending you many positive vibes, my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you lots lady! Good luck!
    Also thanks so much for our gift! Thank you to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is it! I bet that Oat rubbed all her lucky goodness all over you when you were not looking. seems the sort of thing she'd do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went back to re-read my posts in May and June and caught yours about the same time. I thought my heart might burst open and refuse to beat ever again. It was an awful mess that I wouldn't wish upon anyone and yet you went through it, surviving an exponentially upgraded middle finger from the universe at the same time.

    I am glad that taming the garden helped pass this weekend and I'm always a fan of getting frustration out on mostly inanimate objects. Something about this infertility coma makes you feel so dammed unproductive that doing something really helps.

    I will continue to say whatever prayers will result in blessings raining upon you and for all those small turns that put you onto the highway to successful transfer. I have also given monkeys within a two-thousand mile radius an Augusta size banana to distract them for at least 2 months. No wrenches or else!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that you were able to get through the anniversary of those heartbreaking events without too much trouble. I'm so excited that in a few short weeks you will be facing a transfer. No monkey wrenches allowed! I'll keep my fingers crossed that everything continues on course. Let's do this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoorayhoorayhoorayhoorayhooraaaayyyyy for getting started! Are you going to pass through our fair city, or shall we come see you down south? Let us know; we want a piece of that August Family love. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Augusta -- so thrilled for you and the forward progress. I think of you often and hope you are doing well. I have such great thoughts about this cycle for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So exciting!!! Thoughts, love and prayers being sent your way. Holding hope for the future & this upcoming transfer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two weeks?!!! AHHHH!!!! So sooooo hopeful and excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so much love and hope for you
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so hopeful for you my dear friend! Keeping everything crossed. You will be close in my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Et c'est parti! Je suis de tout coeur avec vous pour cette nouvelle aventure qui commence. Et je souhaite qu'elle se termine dans 9 mois avec une belle addition à votre famille!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not sucking as much! Hurrah! Sometimes that's as good as it gets, I imagine. Here's to a sucking less and less trajectory. THANK THE SWEET BABY JESUS that things are moving forward, and that there were no monsters lurking in your uterus. I'll be thinking of triple-striped zebras and kittens and, uh, not so much snakes, but other thrice-striped things.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such exciting news! I'm hoping that everything goes without a hitch. Looking forward to future updates!

    ReplyDelete