Saturday, April 7, 2012

Donor re-match

Good news! I received the match email late on Wednesday. We are in the take-off queue and waiting for the control tower to say it's our turn. The match email is just what it sounds like: it only says that the match is complete and that we will hear from another member of the treatment team about next steps. I'll be patient. Given the dates they gave last time, I'm still thinking this will happen in May, but holding that loosely. I'm only a passenger on this plane; not the pilot.

the mindmap - showing a rapidly weakening grip on my sanity
Easter weekend is a long weekend here. We get Friday and Monday as stat Holidays. I am glad to not have to go to work. I am frantically studying for my licensing exam (EPPP), scheduled for April 17. It's a beast. There is a lot of material to cover and despite having started studying in January, I'm still not entirely confident I'll pass. To try and learn some darn useless concepts, I have taken to constructing mindmaps. I'm not sure it's helping, but I enjoyed taking out my crayons and markers.

Better get back to the books. Thank you for your wonderful comments, dear friends.

14 comments:

  1. Great news on the match (again). Hopefully they will give you your dates soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. EPPP gives me flashbacks. If it makes you feel better, I failed every practice test (every one) and then passed the actual exam with an 83%. So much luck to you. BTW, I took a review class, I found that it really helped me.
    In other news, I am very excited for these next steps for you, fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo, a match is on again! I am excited for you and wishing I could help you on studying. I do like your mind map as it looks like a great arts and crafts project. And also wanted to thank you for directing me to books to help cope. The Mr. Actually yelled at me for calling his mom borderline. I told him one of us needs a coping strategy as she is never going to change.

    Lots of luck from me in my armchair psychology world. I am also wishing for some sweet downtime over these four days to just enjoy the glorious spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonjour Augusta,
    Malgré le fait que je sois peu active sur la blogosphère ces temps-ci, sache que je continue à te lire avec assiduité. Je suis très heureuse pour vous pour cette bonne nouvelle, en espérant que les prochaines étapes se déroulent rapidement! Et merde pour ton examen!
    Feelie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! I'm glad it didn't take forever for a re-match. And by the looks of that drawing, you definitely have something to keep you busy and distracted for a couple of weeks anyway. I'm so happy that you are not that far behind me in cycling. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for the rematch!! - and hang in there with the EPPP! Studying for that last year was sooo stressful. i found the test not as hard as all the scary stories i'd heard. it's a stupid test - i did very well but walked out unsure if i'd passed. so expect to feel that way and know that it has nothing to do with how you've performed. good luck!

    mo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well THAT didn't take a billion years! Hurrah! So pleased to hear this. Less pleased to hear that your life is being consumed by studying, and that you're anxious. Boo. I wish I knew more so I could be all blase about your prospects (as I was about your dissertation defense), but you are certainly extremely clever, so I feel optimistic even in my ignorance. I hope you get a schedule soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Hurray for your match!
    2. Of COURSE you are going to pass your test. I have no idea what is on it, of course, but I am positive that you will meet it with aplomb.
    3. What exactly is a mind map? *rushes to Google* OH. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fantastic news! I'm glad things are getting back on track.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoo hoo!! Lets get this party started!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! Oh what a delight to see it happen so very soon. Easy for me to say. Gah. I am so pleased. Just seems like further validation your donor is choice, isnt she? People lining up to receive the gift!

    Best wishes on your test. Knock it out. You have defeated much harder and uglier things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations....so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes. It is GO time:) I'm so glad that the rematch happened and crossing fingers and toes that the other party are full steam ahead this time.

    (And I'm actually impressed by the mindmap:)

    ReplyDelete