Thursday, February 16, 2012

the red fleece

My beloved friend Oat, who often comments on this blog (and is the apple of Roccie's eye), likes to come up with absolutely fantastic labels and titles for things and important events in her friends' lives. For example, when I had cervical dysplasia in 2004, she referred to the whole thing as 'the cervical odyssey.' Or when we dream of living closer to one another (she is in Boston, I am in Canada), she has come up with a vision of this border-straddling housing/working complex named after the Internatio.nal Hou.se of Pan.cakes. Her creativity is like a creek in spring. Oat likes to talk about the uterine lining as the red fleece, where embies go to nestle.

A propos my red fleece, here is the scoop.

Whilst I was whiling (I should say willing) away the hours at work yesterday, Mr. A was in receipt of a very important phone call. It turns out that my lining is apparently just great. What. Thick enough and triple patterned. How 'bout that.

I did have one or two moments of thinking they might have sent the wrong pdf file to Washington. You know, lining from patient Augustina instead of patient Augusta. An honest error. So easy to make.

Trust is just as hard to build as hope. Harder even.

The SG folks have said that we just need to get the doctor's final clearance, and then we can proceed with selecting a donor. Wow. And I kept wondering all day yesterday whether they would tell us that we have to do a second mock cycle. Apparently not. 

18 comments:

  1. Yeah good news!!!! Hey I live near Boston too but am not nearly as creative must not be in the water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, quelle belle nouvelle! Je suis super contente pour toi, pour vous! Que ça fait du bien, quand le vent tourne...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Great news. Glad to hear you don't have to do another mock :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news. Lots of hope and love and fond thoughts sent your way!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray!!!! So glad to hear this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, so exciting. can't wait for you to move on to the next steps!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great news!! Now you will get your password to the database and the selection process begins. Take your time, new donors get added all the time so if you don't find the perfect match right away, never fear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAHOO!!! Yay! Yay! Yay! We are jumping for joy and sending so much Dragonfly love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! A tripple patterned thick lining is the gold star of red fleeces! So excited you can move on to the next step!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so incredible news! I am relieved that there's not another mock in progress and that this train is chugging towards babyland full steam. I can't wait for the donor selection updates. Exciting, exciting, and well, super exciting. If I had a tail you could see it would be wagging like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH! What fantastic news. I, too, am terribly excited to find out what the selection process is like for you guys. (Surely the doctor's final clearance will come soon and be enthusiastic!) It must be quite an adventure, particularly transitioning from known and beloved donor to unknown. I hope it turns out to feel natural and has no unpleasant dimensions at all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for triple stripe!! Wish they'd told you this during the u/s itself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thinking of you my friend... thinking nothing but positive thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oat, our witty Oat. I will never look at polar fleece the same again.

    That fleece is the ticket. Oh man, let's get this show started!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the imagery of the red fleece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. !!!!!!! I am beyond thrilled. Go, fleecey, go! And triple stripe sounds just beautiful. Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay times a million. !!!! My only disappointment is that I've missed this news until now. (Damn job and its all-consuming ways.) And gosh, I'm suddenly feeling extremely un-eloquent now that eloquence has been alleged as one of my traits. I promise my next post will be witty, but for now there's so much joy in my head there's no room for anything else. JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY JOY!!! XOXOXOXOXO and all my love, Oat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so darn cute, beloved Oat. Thank you.

      Delete