Monday, February 6, 2012

Clarified like butter

Once again, I am amazed by the power of this community. Your comments on my last post(s) really helped calm me down at a time of loosening hinges. It helped to read your encouragements to contact the clinic (I tend to feel disentitled), and to know that some of your educated opinions and factual knowledge pointed to the fact that IM is more potent than pills. Thank you nurse Sans Cigogne (translation: stork-less) who could also add from her nursing background and who wrote it in English for everyone's benefit (she is from my part of the world, where most of us speak French).

I emailed our nurse this morning who was quick to reply (bless her) by saying that my hypothesis 1 was correct. She said that they would supplement with estr.ace vaginally if needed. In the mean time, the girls are getting more sore by the minute, telltale sign that there are womanly hormones flowing in there.

Friday is the bloodwork and u/s. Curious to know how things will look in there.

In the mean time, if you have a moment, please go give my friend Patience a big hug at Searching for the missing piece. She just found out that her little bean's heartbeat stopped. Patience is an IF veteran and by golly, we were all praying that this was her take home baby. I am so sad that it is not.

3 comments:

  1. Augusta, I just wanted to say good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have much to add as I never worked with these meds, but wanted to let you know I was thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hormones flowing! Hurrah. And yeah, I'm all about feeling disentitled, despite how easy it is for me to advise others not to feel thus.

    ReplyDelete