Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10 weeks

I reached the double digits today. My first thought as my feet touched the ground off the bed this morning was: made it to 10 weeks! I went for a celebratory walk with the chirping birds and there was a spring in my step. The spring doesn't ever make it past 9:30am, but still, it was nice to feel energetic for 3 hours this morning.

Today is also the day that I reduce my intake of prom.etrium from 200mg three times per day to 200mg twice per day. I admit to being a little nervous about the decrease and hoping the little owlet is ok in there with less progesterone.

I went to the grocery store today. The theme was green: green grapes, spinach tortilla wraps and green peas. Don't ask. I saw a pregnant woman at the grocery store. The old habit is to look away, but I let my eyes linger today. I looked at her and thought "that will be me".

My fatigue continues and despite the extra B vitamins Dr. Ninja prescribed, I am dragging myself around all day. I can't say my work schedule does much to make me feel less tired. I was able to find 15 minutes to gobble up some soup at lunch, but it's been nuts.

Off to rest, my lovelies. So excited that Bunny's baby is here. Welcome to the world, sweet girl. Also excited about Lisa and Cassie who recently had baby boys. Happy Spring! 

16 comments:

  1. Double digit weeks count for a lot. Welcome to the final 3 wk count down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for double digits and for being able to look at a pregnant woman without cringing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear your energy level is a bit low. Hope you get to feeling more energetic soon. Enjoy your green foods.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 10 weeks already?!! Seriously remember that milestone like yesterday. And try not to worry about your progesterone levels...the placenta took over about two weeks ago so rest easy on that one. And it takes time to break old infertility habits...aka not looking at pg bellies. In time you will be sprouting your own hoping that your belly does not infringe pain on someone else?!! Weird I know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy double digits, honeybun!!! Green is a lovely color--the color of life and springtime. Both of which couldn't be more appropriate. Hooray for beholding the belly and seeing your exciting (as adorable) future ahead of you! Hope you're feeling energetic deep into the afternoon soon, but returning sounds as though you're right on target. Love you, woman. Nuzzles to the owlet. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autocorrect got the best of me above. *Returning = everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 10wks!!! Awesome milestone and definitely something to be excited about! I hear you on the energy level, hopefully you get a bit of a boost in the second trimester! Thinking of you and little owlet:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on 10 weeks! Almost to the second trimester!!!! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 10 weeks!! Wonderful news, Augusta. As for the sleep, get as much as you possibly can. Don't limit yourself by what you think you should be getting (my acupuncturist told me I should be getting 10 hours a night(!). As Rebecca said, a weird thing happens with the 2nd trimester (for me, around Week 14)...you start to get some of that energy back. Good news on the Bun Bun front. Good news on the Augusta front.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Augusta, girl, you are solidly on the path here. I am thinking that having some spring in your step at 6:30 is noteworthy and deserving of an award in the Misfit camp. My lawd that's early for me. My spring doesn't start until the afternoon. :) I am thinking that you will be less sapped as the weeks roll on, but take care of yourself and know that I am here to cheer you on, hand you a waterbottle or a spinach leaf as you continue on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I remember the first time I didn't look away from the pregnant ladies and babies in the grocery store! So much more joy to come... Good luck with the taking care of yourself at work part--not easy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yah for 10 weeks!! I'm so happy that things are continuing to progress the way they are! I haven't been commenting a lot lately, but I am following and thinking of you all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on double digits. Little owlet is doing well in there!
    Take care and sucumb to the tiredness, I hear it passes and energy will come back to you when T2 starts.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the shout out. You will be feeling better soon, don't worry. In the mean time, take as many naps as you can now!

    ReplyDelete