Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Ultrasound Two

I promise a longer post sometime this week, but not tonight, my beauties. I am in a stupor of fatigue. Holy T1 tiredness. And I suspect that my diet of carbs and carbs and more carbs is doing nothing to pep me up. Yes, in the midst of nausea, all I ever want to eat when it's time to eat is starch (and drink fruit juice). Forget gluten free, I'm onto bread and muffins and noodles. What can I say. I am in strange territory and trying my best to adapt.

I had my second u/s this morning. On my way back to the waiting room from the obligatory bathroom trip upon arrival, I came across Dr. RE. He stopped me in the hall to ask how I was doing and whether I had had my u/s yet. I hadn't and he said he wanted me to tell the nurse to call him when my turn came up. How nice! We hardly had to wait this week. Before we knew it, I was wearing a sheet for a skirt and Mr. A and I were joined in the u/s room by 2 docs and a nurse. The same doc as last week performed the ultrasound and Dr. RE observed. They took about 60 secs of observing the monitor before saying anything, and you can imagine that it was a very long minute. But Dr. RE was quick to say in his lovely Italian accent (I think I said Eastern European before. But I was wrong. He is Italian), that 'everything is normal'. Music to my ears.

We saw the heart beat again, this time more defined. Our little owlet measured 8w0d, which is exactly the day we are on by the calendar. The nurse said my due date is December 8.

I quickly gathered that today was graduation from the fertility clinic. Dr. RE told me to go back to my family doctor, who would refer me to an OB. He said that it was worth asking for an OB sooner than later because of all the trouble we went through to get here. As he said, there are no frozen embryos, so this is it.

Both doctors and the nurse gave me hugs before they left. I can't believe we are graduating!

I believe in miracles today. We have many more weeks to go, and the potential of things going wrong is still there, but I still believe in miracles. Perhaps because I am living one.

17 comments:

  1. Yea, sounds like everything is going great. Congrats on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So incredibly happy for you!!! Thinking of you guys and sending love...hopefully many more moments of happiness await, enjoy the blissful joy of this milestone ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little graduate. Congratulations! May you fight for as many u/s as you want.

    I want to be sleeping as well, but Rocco is out and I need a shot in the bottom before I can crash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray for more wonderful news and living miracles! Sending all three of you immense love. -A

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news. My heart sings for this day that you move on to the show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the phrases "holy T1 tiredness" and "a sheet for a skirt" You are so funny. So happy for you and the little owlet in your tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy post. Happy day. Happy tiredness. Augusta, so very glad to hear this news about your owlet.

    As far as the carbs, I think I've concluded that the first trimester is just about surviving the nausea. Eat whatever you can. Don't eat what you can't. The owlet will take what s/he needs. And there's time to think about nutrition and such later.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! Rest easy dear woman.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you manage any protein? Like eggs? It's supposed to help with the nausea, though who knows, I ate lots of eggs during the first tri! But it is all about survival at this point, Just a few more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had to smile at your first remarks about throwing the gluten free out the window. I did exactly the same. Carbs tasted amazing during trimester 1 so just go with it! Congrats on graduating from the fertility clinic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whoo hoo!! And don't worry about all the carbs...that's all I could eat in T1 too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hoorayhoorayhooray!!!!! "Everything is normal": these are words of beauty indeed. Keep up the awesome work, little owlet!!! Sending all kinds of love.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, you are living a miracle, and the miraculousness will continue, I know. You have created so many miracles in your life, you so deserve one happening to you. Congratulations on graduating, on your lovely due date, and on the beautiful normalcy of your little owlet.

    Sending love from amidst the packing boxes, H.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't the tiredness a stunning phenomenon? All part of the miracle. I was so confident all would go well yesterday I didn't even psychotically check for news one last time before going to bed. But I am nonetheless overjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on yet another wonderful achievement on this path to Parenthood.

    ReplyDelete