Friday, March 11, 2011

Snowstorm

And a surprise one at that. The meteorologists were calling for rain. But in FTT, it was a whopping snowstorm. I got up at 5am, like Sattva, and went to the gym. Might as well do something with that anxiety. Mrs. cell-phone-phobic carried it everywhere with her in the gym, just in case Sattva needed to get in touch. I was worried sick about her in her rental car without snow tires.

I got to the clinic at 8:05. The new receptionist was there again. She asked for my name. I said I was here to meet Sattva. She asked for my health card. Loudly. I moved in closer to her and said I was meeting someone here, specifically our donor. Oh. Oh, I see. I think I might get a name tag next time which says: 'Augusta, 36, Infertile, Egg Recipient', just so EVERYONE is clear on what the hell I am doing there. I sat down and read about parenting the anxious child for a consult I had later on that morning. That did nothing for my anxiety. And then at 8:13am, there she was. I couldn't believe she was there, safe, all in one piece and only 13 minutes late. We gave each other a big hug. The drive had been harrowing.

She had her u/s in good time. Her follies had grown. On Tuesday, they were actually in the 0.8 to 1.2 range. This morning, they were in the 1.2 to 1.7 range. Her next monitoring appt. is on Sunday morning. The clinic also called me to have me come in for an u/s on that same day to do another lining check. We will head out early together from Pleasantville on Sunday. At this point, I am anticipating that the retrieval will happen on Tuesday or Wednesday. We can't tell for sure, but I think that's a good guess given the data available.

I'm sipping a glass of awesome red wine at the moment, wondering if it will be my last one for a while.

10 comments:

  1. So glad you both made it to the clinic safely and all is looking good for next week! Ugh, that glass of red wine sounds so AMAZING!!! I MISS wine dearly right now...enjoy it my friend and I hope it will be the last you get to have for several months:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEEeeeeeEEEE - You last glass of wine! oh my!

    Everything is going so well! and I love it!

    btw - you had me totally cracking up thinking about naming our children after our IVF meds.... Bravelle is actually a kind of pretty name, and no one else would have any idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just did that tonight! Although it was a spicy chocolate martini, not red wine. Sounds like everything is going beautifully! Hooraaaayyy!!! Let's get us some babies! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you relished every sip of that wine, dear friend. I believe it *shall* be the last for a while. XOXO, HMTF

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too hope this is your last glass for awhile. ;)
    I'm glad things are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. glad you both made it to the doctor. stay warm and stay safe. glad things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad she made it safely--and that her body is responding so nicely! Enjoy that red wine, and I do hope it's your last for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping that, a) there are NO more snowstorms for the rest of the week (not until you are fully transferred, at least), and b) that you enjoyed the glass of red...so that it's a pleasant, but distant, memory you'll have for the next few months...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bottoms up sister. Your time has come. I am so glad to be sharing this experience with you.

    ReplyDelete