Saturday, March 19, 2011

first photo of the kids



I hope you know that the title of this post is simply to amuse myself. We are a long way from actual children. But this may be as close as I ever get, so I am going to enjoy it, darn it! I am thrilled to introduce to you our embryos. Mr. A thinks the top one looks a bit like him. The bottom one definitely has more features of Sattva.

You can tell that I am completely green when it comes to IVF. You veterans reading this, please go ahead and laugh. I'm ok with that.  I like talking "as if" though. I feel like there is something sane in that mode of thinking. Sure, this may not work. But 2 embryos have been deposited inside my uterus, the same uterus which was sporting a very nice lining and is being maintained by lots of nice progesterone. There are good reasons for this to work. I can be sad and depressed when/if it fails. But I am going to enjoy this for now. It's nice to feel excited and happy. What a concept!

Mr. A and I walked slowly to the farmer's market this morning (10 minutes away) and walked slowly back. That's the extent of my movements for the day. I freaked out when I sneezed. But not too much, that might upset the embies. We purchased one fresh, organic pineapple that I intend on consuming slowly over the next few days, including the core. Thank you for your input on this matter.   

I had lofty goals of reading articles while lying down yesterday, but who am I kidding. I am so distracted! I just watched Jun.o in the afternoon, and then some episodes of Gre.y's Anat.omy in the evening. That's as far as my intellect could take me. I sure need to ramp things up. I'll get back to finalizing my slides.

Thank you for your wonderful comments and for keeping us in your thoughts.

13 comments:

  1. They're beautiful, Gussie! And genetics, shmenetics--I think at least one of them looks just like you. Enjoy your pineapple and take it easy. When's beta day? Sending love and ease, dear friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful embryos. I think you have the perfect attitude to enjoy the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kids are ridiculously adorable. I <3 them very much already! Enjoy this excited and happy feeling -- relish it, in fact! I have a whole special part of my mind and heart exclusively dedicated to sending you and the embryos warm, cozy, nestling thoughts -- and have since yesterday morning. Good luck with the slide-finalizing and defense-prepping, and know that even if you stopped working on that now, you'd pass. Because you are a damn competent genius woman. Not to mention the loving-est soul north of the 49th parallel. Love up those embies, honor the work, and glow -- it's your time to do so.

    XOXOXO and love, Oat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Augusta, that is a beautiful picture and you have such a beautiful attitude. The Augusta self care program must be working really well :)

    There is so much emotion to convey, but words just don't begin to communicate the excitement and love that I feel for you right now.

    big hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted my pic of LN10 too and was my first IVF attempt...so do enjoy!! One movie you have to watch while in the tww has got to be "Babies". Its a movie with NO talking...just a camera that follows around four babies from four very different parts of the world (US, Japan, Mongolia and Africa). It is awesome and so entertaining. Highly recommend watching it in the tww! OH and my doc said that its impossible for embies to "fall out"...your lining is comparable to peanut butter and the embies a grain of sand. So hold that thought...don't over do it...but don't stress that minor activity will cause them to fall out. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful babies! Glad to hear you're taking it easy and enjoying every moment...awesome attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely family you have there Augusta.

    It is a long wait. I am going to try to emulate your style. I likes it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the photo of your kids... Hope is alive, Augusta! And I'm throwing all my hope your way :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Augusta, beautiful embies. And your attitude is precisely the right one. This has a very, very good chance of working. Period. And that is reason for happiness.

    In terms of the sneezing, don't worry. My friend who had twins through IVF last year caught a cold around her transfer time, and sneezed and sneezed and sneezed. Thought she'd done so much sneezing that there was no way that the embryos had not been ejected:) Nope. Both hung on.

    Thinking good, good thoughts. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so hope that this time next year, the picture is hung in a nursery boasting one or more wriggling little ones. I've seen so many kids start like that that I almost think it's where babies come from... Imagining the positive outcome is absolutely the right choice. And I agree with Oat--ignore those slides for as long as you can, because I'm willing to bet good money that they're already a million times better than they need to be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute little guys/gals! I really don't think sneezing or movement makes a difference, but I do hear good things about pineapple! And definitely, definitely enjoy the feeling of being PUPO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute! I think it is important to think positive.
    And yes, don't worry about sneezing. One of my nurses at some point said it was as if the embryos were snuggled inside a peanut butter sandwich, which sounds pretty secure to me. Enjoy the pineapple!

    ReplyDelete