Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Fertilization has occured

Our lovely Nurse Case Manager called this morning to say that 4 of the 6 had fertilized. The lab will call tomorrow afternoon with the fertilization report. I was relived and very happy to hear that 4 had fertilized. We're not sure if all 4 will become embryos, but we are hopeful.

Still working on my slides and have taken myself away from the internet connection. My level of distractibility is already at peak levels, no need to encourage it.

Augusta's self-care program is in high gear. I slept in until 8:20am this morning (instead of my usual 5:30-6am). I have an acupuncture treatment booked for tomorrow afternoon (so looking forward to it!). I went to one of my favorite classes at the gym this morning; a great way to start to my day. For lunch, I made an awesome salad, which included shredded carrots, lightly steamed broccoli, chick peas, green peas, and toasted sunflower seeds. I drizzled it with my lemon-mustard dressing. Yum! As you can see, I am hoping to make my house most hospitable for the arrival of our honoured guest.

I'll post again tomorrow to let you know about the fertilization report. Thank you so very much for your comments and encouragements. It is quite amazing to stop and take in all the support that we have had in our quest to have a baby. I am truly humbled.

10 comments:

  1. WONDERFUL, wonderful, wonderful! Thank you for keeping us updated despite needing to focus on other things. I am hopeful that those are the best four fertilized eggs on earth right now, and that you'll get four prefect embryos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of warm thoughts for embryos! Glad also you are finding time to take care of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great news, A. Four is a beautiful number. Keep taking care of yourself, especially now as you prep for your defense AND your guest of honor who, I very much hope, will become a permanent resident for the next 10 months or so.

    (If I were nearer, I would bring you soup, but instead I am sending you warm, aromatic and broth-like thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting Augusta. Four is a great number indeed. Transfer will be here before you know it.

    My fingers are crossed for perfect by remember my gorgeous baby is from average old embryos. Yes!

    I am thinking of you and Sattva often. How is she feeling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grow embies grow!! Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news!!! So glad you're taking time for yourself and doing positive things to prepare your body for your precious embryos. Sending so much hope your way....before you know it you're going to be PUPO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so good that you're able to take care of yourself right now. You have so much going on! I don't know how you're doing it, but you're doing it! I am thinking of you (and obsessively checking your blog, so thanks for the updates!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful update! Just a few days more now :) I admire your ability to even work on your thesis during this! Ugh. That is waaay too much multitasking for me!! Can't wait to hear more wonderful news!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the Augusta Self Care program! You keep taking really good care of yourself. and I am following your lead :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, sweets, just catching up on my commenting. Your salad sounds so virtuous! Highly impressive. So glad you got some extra rest and that you're taking good care of all your embie-hosting parts. Love you.

    ReplyDelete