Saturday, September 4, 2010

Kidney Bean Update

Last evening, I waited until he had eaten most of his dinner. Then I showed Mr. August the results chart from the food sensitivity test. The kidney bean part was on the reverse side, so he took in the dairy and wheat news first. But then he screamed when he saw the kidney bean result, and went on to shake his head in disbelief all evening. I think it felt to him like a personal affront. The poor guy. He finally said, resigned "I've got a lot of kidney beans to eat, then"

I have given myself the weekend to wrap my mind around the changes, and then start the implementation phase on Tuesday. Meanwhile, my belly is quite unhappy with me, perhaps as a result of the wheat, dairy and kidney beans I've been consuming. The belly ache is perhaps extra motivation to start making the necessary changes.

7 comments:

  1. Oh, poor, poor Mr. August. It's awfully and *bizarrely* cruel. I hope you do notice massive improvements immediately, so that the loss will be worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you are going to make so many changes. Hopefully after a while it won't seem too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right on. I just read your comment over at Adele's house and I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Mr August, he must feel like its a bit of a personal attack on his poor innocent kidney beans. I hope you notice some benefits from the new diet so you can feel like its worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad face. It's not you or Augusta, Mr. August, it's stoopid IF! Hope you're back in Beanlandia as soon as possible, and that the time between now and then is fruitful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no:( Glad you waited until he was mostly done eating, though. Mr. Delinquent's reaction to my dietary restrictions was similar - and for him it's not even a matter of his livelihood!!

    Kidney beans. Sigh. Are there any other surprising foodstuffs you'll need to avoid?

    ReplyDelete