Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gratitude


I was very touched that Phoebe at Phoebe Gone Wild  gave me this Hope award. I'm am sheepish in admitting that I was behind on my blog comments and didn't discover it until I read her blog this evening, a full 5 days after she nominated me. Thank you very much Phoebe. That was so sweet. I send you lots of hope, and much gratitude.

I think I'm supposed to mention one thing I am happy for right now, and one thing I hope for in the future. There are many in both categories.

What makes me happy at the moment:
I have amazing friends IRL, as well as through this blog. These friendships bring so much richness to my life. I can't imagine how I would go on without my friends. So often, my friends believe in me when I have stopped believing; they remind me of who I am when I've forgotten; they celebrate my joys and cry along with my sorrow; they honour me by sharing of themselves in our friendship. I have been thinking of my friends a lot lately and feeling immensely grateful. As the one year anniversary of the failure of the treatments approaches, I am finding myself acutely aware of how a few key friends have held me up. I want to thank them and I will.

What I hope for in the future:
Well, that's an easy one. I would like the DE cycle to lead to a successful pregnancy. I would also be happy to have children through adoption, but I guess what's in front of me is the DE cycle. And I would like Sattva's gift to be honoured by the birth of a child. I know I don't have any control over that, but I just want all three of us to experience that immense joy.

I am heading to bed, chickadees, so I will sign off on this note. But not before I nominate three amazing women for this award. I would like to nominate more than three, but surely, this will come around to all the women blogger I would like to include.

1. Foxy at Foxy Popcorn
2. Lady Pumpkin at Planting a Pumpkin Patch
3. Adele at Delinquent Eggs

Much love and gratitude to the three of you, to Phoebe and to all of you who read and comment on my blog for your warm friendship. Thank you to all of you for this amazing community that we have here. I am in awe of it everyday. I still can't believe I am part of this great force of love in the midst of sorrow.

6 comments:

  1. What you say about your hoping your friend's gift will be honored totally made me tear up. It is SUCH a tremendous gift. I'm kind of in love with her for being willing to consider this. (And delighted to hear she's got loads of juicy follicles!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetness. Thanks for the love that you are sending my direction. You just made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you, Augusta. Your last line made me tear up. You're exactly right. Love can conquer an awful lot. (And thank goodness for it).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words on my blog tonight! What an amazing friend you have, hoping the DE cycle brings you a BFP. I loved your last line & couldn't agree more...thank God for this amazing blogosphere of love & support, it truly is a lifeline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a doll you are! Thank you so much for the honor. I'm delighted that you're feeling the love from many sides; heaven knows you deserve it. I wish for you all that you wish for yourself, particularly that the magical combination of you, Mr. A, and Sattva bears precisely the fruit you desire. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so wonderful. You bring me hope and happiness, and I count you as one of my dear friends ICS (in cyber space) Why should just IRL friends have an acronym?

    ReplyDelete