Friday, September 10, 2010

Aurevoir

Just for the weekend, my friends. Not for good!

Mr. August and I are leaving town for a weekend in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is Ontario's wine country. Tomorrow, we will cycle around the vineyards and stop sips of wine here and there. I can't wait!! I love cycling and I love wine! Perfect combo! I'm looking forward to staying at this sweet little B&B and eating at this lovely winery tonight. And then on Sunday, we get to see a play at the Shaw Festival.

We very much need this time away, Mr. August and I. I hope it will give us a chance to feel closer to one another. I am so thankful to our friends who gave us this little package of gift certificates as a wedding gift. These friends know us well and are so generous.

Have a great weekend everyone.

8 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOH, that looks heavenly! How perfect! I hope it is wonderfully restorative and magical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plans sounds delightful! I am sure that you will enjoy every minute. :)

    ML and I had a little weekend getaway for our anniversary this year, thanks to gift certificates. It was so great to get away, just us.

    -foxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niagara on the Lake is one of our Favourite places to go!! We stay at the Weatherpine Inn when we go. Have an excellent time and enjoy the play at the Shaw Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so lovely!! I hope that while you are enjoying your time away, you never think about us (I mean that in a good way). Wine, cycling and love. That is all I hope you think about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great weekend! The gardens at the B&B look beautiful! Hope you have a really peaceful weekend. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy it! Have a wonderful time and indulge in delights you couldn't if you were with child. Because, you know, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Niagara on the Lake...its so nice there. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wine and cycling: it sounds like a wonderful getaway and I hope that you and the Mister are able to fully recharge! (And I hope you've done it with beautiful weather, countryside and libations).

    ReplyDelete