Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Yum!



Tonight was a random, for no good reason, ice cream for supper night. Yum! Ice cream is so good. It's got everything going for it. Creamy, sugary, cold, filling, and complete with chunks of candy. We had to go buy food for our cat and a new ice cream parlour has opened next to the pet store. Perfect reason!

I know what Traditional Chinese Medicine doctors think about ice cream. Let me sum it up in one hyphenated word: Pooh-pooh. Much like Adele, I have the very strong suspicion that wheat and dairy are about to make a conspicuous exit from my dinner plate (and my lunch plate and my breakfast plate). So, the ice cream for supper night is better now, than when I have it confirmed that my body doesn't tolerate those things very well, that they promote inflammation, triggering the immune system to work all the time.

But I didn't care 2 hours ago. I just had my banana ice cream, with butterfinger bits and peanut butter cups in a waffle cone.

10 comments:

  1. Good for you!!! I am trying to avoid dairy because I heard that it is bad for your immune system but...I can't kick the habit either. Just think of it as a "better luck next time" snack. Because now you can hop back on the wagon and know that people are cheering you on...no matter what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ice cream. ML used to eat a pint of haggan daaz nearly every night after dinner. Yummmmy!

    My mom has always been a naysayer of dairy, but I love it. Not sure what I would eat without dairy actually! Wishing you lots of luck with your diet changes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD FOR YOU! I am actually salivating at your descriptions and at that photograph. I say: go out in style. The wheat- and dairy-free life will be waiting for you, but ice cream is forever:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooooo, please don't take ice cream away from me, Traditional Chinese Medicine! *closes eyes, covers ears* I think you're entitled to gorge yourself a few more times before kicking it to the curb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...ice cream! You are very lucky that I happen to have some yummy organic vanilla bean ice cream here in my hotel on bed rest. I was waiting until tonight, but an afternoon snack might be in order.
    I really don't think I could ever give up either wheat or dairy. I admire your strength if you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds DELICIOUS. Enjoy the ice cream. They had a PC truck outside of Loblaws today which had FREE ice cream, so good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious dinner. Way to throw caution to the wind and splurge on the ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  8. I asked Pete to have ice cream for dinner the other night... so delicious. I have been thinking about cutting out the dairy. But the problem is I need to do the wheat for my other issues. Can't win, I tell ya, can't win!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how I feel about ice cream ... I highly approve of your supper choice!

    That said, I look forward to hearing what evolves in terms of cutting out wheat and dairy. We can always share sorbet instead :)

    <3 you,
    HVF-H

    ReplyDelete