Saturday, August 14, 2010

What a week!

My week in small college town, Ontario was fairly quiet. I made some small progress on the big D, our cat got shaved and I ate ice cream on Wednesday. That was about it.

However, in this online world, which represent in a partial way, the outside world through your eyes, there seemed to have been much turmoil. There was illness and near-death experiences this week. First of all, Foxy's grandmother had a stroke. This is of course very worrisome to her, so stop by her blog to leave her a little love. My thoughts are with you and your family Foxy.

There was also very unwell pets. Adele's dog Hobes got sick and is now on meds and full rest for a month. How hard that must be for a dog to stay still for all those days. And then there was Jess's cat Bucky who had a most unfortunate accident. Having just acquired a cat, I know how meaningful their presence is in our lives. It's pretty scary to see them ill or hurt, and the thought of having fur babies taken away from us on top of being infertile, is a little much to bear from the Universe, I reckon.

My thoughts also go out to R. at One Good Egg who has had a pretty terrible week. I really hope things start to look up soon for her. I am also thinking lots about my friend IRL who has been struggling so much with her IF lately. She is constantly bombarded with bellies and babies everywhere she goes, and has had just about enough.

I'm also thinking about Bunny at Glum Bunny who, despite her reports of feeling pretty emotional (read about the snotfest), she still manages to make us laugh and salivate with her most delicious infertility remedies.

Kelly had some good questions for us to ponder this week. I haven't replied to her post about IF and its impact on friendships, but it has generated lots of in-my-head replies that I hope to formulate online soon.

I feel hopeful for Cassie who had her DE transfer in Colorado this week. Join me in thinking happy, nestling embryo thoughts for her. I am also hopeful for Lisa who is about to have her transfer from IVF #1 early next week.

Finally, I really liked hearing that jrs has her adoption phone on and is ready to receive the call!

Hope you all have a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Augusta, thank you for the love. Really truly, I had no idea how much the support of this online community would mean to me. It really is incredible.

    I also wanted to thank you for the very thoughtful comment you left me last week regarding ML's decision to start drinking again. Connecting our heart to heart with his drinking wasn't something that I'd thought about, but was definitely something that I don't want to connect. You are so wise, and I feel so lucky to have found you and to be walking this journey with you.

    xoxo - foxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Augusta. Came across you on bunny's comment list. Just wanted to say hello and say that your photos are lovely! Take good care and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been quite a week hasn't it. Thank you so much for your comment on my adoption phone post. It was so sweet and brought a smile to my face. It has been so nice to have you as a blogger friend. I hope you have a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Augusta. It's funny, there seem to be waves of bad news, then waves of good. Life, I suppose. But I'm mightily ready for a streak of good news that will hit everyone here in IF-land. I think we all deserve it:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can we see the shaved cat? 'Cause that has got to be a funneeeeeee sight. Thank you for your good thoughts! I wish I could reward you by being more cheerful or getting pregnant or something... but I do have another IF remedy post coming up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete