Thursday, August 5, 2010

Quick update

Thank you for your lovely, warm comments on my epic last post. It gave me new ideas to investigate. It also helped to have your support around my journey so far. The comments in my head are never quite that kind or generous.

After I posted my last entry, I went to bed and did not feel so good. The night did not bring any improvements, and by morning, I was positively ill. Unfortunately, despite being sick in the morning, it was not morning sickness. I'm pretty sure I had food poisoning and so did Mr. August. Bleurgh. It was awful. We both spent most of the day asleep, trying to ingest sips of water and keep them in, whenever we woke up.

Today, we're both better. I'm so thankful for the return of good health. I'm back at school working on the big D. I continue to make small steps towards finishing this very long overdue degree.

There were lots of good news in the blogosphere today and I was happy to read about all your plans and test results.

3 comments:

  1. UGH, so sorry you were sick. Food poising sucks. Glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO:( Food poisoning is the absolute pits, and when it strikes both of you there isn't even anyone who can make the tea and toast (though, it sounds like you may not even be able to manage that). I hope you feel better SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your story is a really tough one. Thank you for sharing the hard bits, too. I look forward to finding out what happens next. Hopefully not more food poisoning.

    ReplyDelete