Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wedding in 2 days!

Dear reader, I'm not sure if you're out there, but at the frequency with which I post, I don't blame you ;-)

Ok, I just wanted to say a little something about Saturday. My honey and I are tying the knot. I have been utterly unexcited for this all along, even dreading it. Last weekend, we came pretty close to calling it off.

Yes, it was in large part the infertility driving a wedge between us. And then my whale-like grief about it that feels like it tries to swallow me. And then our avoidant style. There you have it. A disaster one week before the wedding.

Luckily, we have good skills to use in processing such things, and even better friends to help and support us. We got through it, and we feel like we can go ahead.

This is why until now I had not felt very excited about it. But now I'm starting to feel excited, and I'm glad. I think it will be hard to see all my pregnant friends, and perhaps face the insinuations about when the two of us will "get busy". But I'll get through it.

That's all. I won't write for a more than a week because I'll be on my honeymoon.

1 comment:

  1. congrats! Did you end up writing about it? I'd love to read!

    ReplyDelete